The Vida team is simply in love with the city that never sleeps! Our matchmakers are always on the lookout for new clients and potential matches in the Big Apple, where so much diversity and action truly bring this city alive day and night.
New York is full of single people, many of whom are hoping to meet someone special and settle down. It can be hard nonetheless to hunt down Mr or Ms Right in the urban jungle, so Vida is here to help! As one of New York’s most sophisticated matchmaking agencies, our team will match you with other like-minded individuals who have similar passions and goals in life. And if you’re an international traveller, worry not; we’ll be sure to find you someone who is just as keen on jet-setting as you.
The dating stories we have heard from NY are always colourful, given such a vast array of personalities and striking people. The dating scene in this city can be intense and competitive, especially for women who typically outnumber men by around 3:1. There is a directness about New Yorkers that differs perhaps from London; life moves quickly here so if you want something you must act quickly, or it disappears. With online apps, speed dating, blind dates, group events… the possibilities today are endless, yet can also be overwhelming.
Vida can help to make the dating process simpler, less intimidating and more efficient, by cutting down the time that is often wasted sifting through potential partners.
Our consultants will be happy to arrange a call or meeting to understand your requirements. Whether you choose our Open (free) or Private (paying) membership tier, we’re here to get you out of New York dating nightmares and into a relationship of your dreams!
The beauty of our Private matchmaking service is that we can dedicate time to going that extra mile for you, including making recommendations for the most suitable venues for your dates. If you are already planning to meet a special someone, here’s our quick guide to some of the best dating ideas in New York city, for any season, come rain or shine!
Cosy up in the autumn and winter …
- Hit buzzy Italian trattoria Morandiin the West Village for a relaxed but chic brunch/lunch/drink or dinner. A favourite with locals, and you may even rub shoulders with the odd famous face.
- For drinks on New York’s elegant Upper East Side, head to Bemelmans Bar at the Carlyle Hotel. Oozing with Art Deco style, the warm colours and tinkle of piano music create the perfect backdrop for classic romance on a cold winter’s night.
- The Meatpacking District is full of hip bars and delicious food; for a day-day, check out the labyrinthine Chelsea Market for sampling an array of tasty treats then head to the Whitney Museum afterwards to soak up some culture and American art.
- For a ‘jeans and leather jacket’ night in the cool East Village, carnivores & pescatarians will love the American cuisine and cool vibe at Saxon and Parole . While vegetarians will also enjoy the week day Happy Hour aperitifs!
- For the best jazz and blues in town, head to famous Theater District club Birdland. Drop in for a drink or Cajun-influenced dinner and enjoy a mellow night of fantastic live music. You may just be sitting next to one of the regular celebs who love to drop in…
- One of the closest things to a private members’ club in NYC is the exclusive Rose Bar at Gramercy Park Hotel. To be let in, come with your glad-rags but without the attitude … If getting though the door doesn’t impress your date, the dark-lit interior, exotic cocktails and live music should do the trick.
- If the cold wind whipping around that corner makes you want to take shelter and re-group, head to Podunk in Noho for a warm, ‘country home’ environment and the best afternoon tea in town
Let romance blossom in the Spring & Summer…
- Battery Park at Manhattan’s southern-most tip is one of the more scenic and less crowded parks in the city. With views stretching to the Statue of Liberty, it’s the perfect spot for a casual stroll a picnic lunch.
- The Annual Jazz Age Lawn Party takes place on Governor’s Island every June. Don your best Gatsby-esque gear & hop on the ferry from Manhattan! The fantastic scene and music will give great conversation fodder, and help to fill any awkward silences!
- If frolicking among the flowers is the order of the day, look no further than either the Bronx or Brooklyn botanical gardens. You can find your own private paradise in these spacious grounds, where you’ll feel a million miles from the hustle and bustle of Manhattan!
- The Brooklyn Flea Market in Fort Greene is a lot of fun to visit, and includes some great street food options! Starting at 10am, you can browse the stalls well into the evening:
- Head over to Brooklyn’s trendy Williamsburg and join the queue for the stunning [the%20new%20William%20Vale%20hotel%20in]Westlight roof bar at the new William Vale Hotel. It’s worth the wait to get the best views of Manhattan’s skyline framed against a summer sunset!
- For a relaxed afternoon walk try The High Line, a restful, raised garden path built along old railroad tracks in the Meatpacking district. Or for a more romantic mood, go for a post-dinner stroll!
- Summer Streets is an annual August celebration when many streets all over NYC are closed to traffic. Wander along and marvel at the crazy performances; or make a ‘play date’ by jumping on the giant waterslide, then refuelling at one of NYC’s famous ice cream vans!
- The Met museum is perfect for a cultural date any time. On Fridays & Saturday evenings, you can finish at the rooftop bar sipping a martini and enjoying the views overlooking Central Park. Unless you’re looking deep into each other’s eyes by then of course!
The beauty of seeking the help of a bespoke, New York matchmaking service, is that we can go that extra mile, making recommendations and helping to book the best dating venues.